Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blogging is no easy task!

Ladies and Gentleman, this is my very first blog on blogspot. Don't expect any great things from me when it comes to using computer terminology. For instance, the word "blog" itself. I'm assuming it's an abbreviation for something, but you know what? I have no clue what it is! Nor do I truly care.

But my first blog is going to consist of a bit of sarcastic comment on the setup of "Blogspot" itself. You see, when you first sign up for Blogspot you have a place where you eventually have to type in those distorted little words from some box. This is to keep the mass mailers from getting an account, I'm told. Okay, fine. Keep those mass mailers and their computers from recognizing the letters in those boxes. But guess what?!?! It took me five or six tries to get the right letters myself. They have gotten to the point that, at least on Blogspot, they have perfected their distortion so much that even normal human beings can't read the letters. Hmm.... This seems a little self defeating.

Be that as it may, I somehow accidentally stumbled into the correct letters on the fifth or sixth try, and now here I am. I will try to keep this blog, whatever that means, up as often as possible, even when I'm as ready for a nap as I am right now!

My real intended blog will follow this, so lucky "yous," you get two in one day! Yes, the upcoming is the blog I wanted to write before I tried signing up for Blogspot and discovered that computers are now taking over the world and recreating the alphabet in a form that humans will no longer be able to read.

Sionara, friends!

And welcome.

Kirby Jonas

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Blogger gave you such a hard time, Kirby. Other entities use actual words, like Facebook. At least they give you a fighting chance to read them successfully. Blogger and Yahoo? Not so much.

    By the way, blog is short for web log.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kirby,

    You did it! It's a whole nother world, ain't it? :)

    Love,

    Marq

    ReplyDelete