Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kirby Jonas's "fat-off"

Well, it’s that time of year. The time when much of the world goes out, joins a gym, picks up a few diet pills and tries to glean something about dieting from a magazine or two so they can be that person they know is “lock inside,” so they can “finally get in shape.”

For most of us it doesn’t last. Maybe a week, maybe two. If you make it a month you’re far ahead of the game, probably in the top one tenth of a percent in the country.

For me, I have purposely let myself go this holiday season because I am going on an odyssey. No, I haven’t completely let go. I continued to go to the gym, because I don’t think I could function without that anymore. But as for my eating habits, they have been horrible. I have put on a whole bunch of weight and body fat, and tomorrow begins a three month journey in writing and photos to show you the progress of getting it off. I wanted to do this to show everyone that this can be done. Do I want everyone to see me fat? Heck no! But you need to know that everyone must start somewhere, and wherever you are there is always hope.

So enjoy this journey with me, if you will. I am going to keep a good record of what I eat, the workouts I do, and show you in photos what can be done in three months time if you set your mind to it.

And here’s a tip: If you do it with full knowledge of your Facebook friends, and in a blog, you are much more likely to stick with it than if you are the only one who knows about your goal.

Happy new year to all, and enjoy the “Kirby Jonas fat-off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment