Thursday, January 13, 2011

FAT-OFF, DAY 10

I'm already up to day 10, and if you're following this blog you can see the weight has been dropping off pretty steadily and in good amounts. I wish I could convince you all how good the food is that I'm eating. Is it a feast? No, but I don't feel hungry, and I feel much healthier than when I'm eating the normal junk that 99.99 percent of the population eats every day of their lives. Believe me, it's not as bad as you think. All you need are some basic staples, some spices, and a good knowledge of nutrution or someone who can impart theirs to you. It's not rocket science! Give it a try for just 12 weeks, and I think you'll agree that the way you will look and feel is worth it. Or maybe it's just me being vain!

Today's weight is 205.5, so I'm down 7 pounds and it is day 10. Several pounds more of my body weight are in muscle now than last time I was down to 6% body fat, so at the end of my goal time period I don't really believe I'll be at my goal weight of 185. That is just a guideline. I am much more worried about the 6% than I am about the body weight.

But if by chance the 6% takes me down to 185 then I have 20 pounds left to go, and believe me, these 20 will be far harder than the first 7. I wish I could say different, but the first one or two weeks are always easy compared to the last 10.

Today I was neglectful of writing my diet and daily routine down, so I don't have much to report other than I did a few more carbs than normal, mostly in brown rice. I am also trying to incorporate much more protein into each day.

Eating beans three times a week at least is good, along with brown rice, wheat, and sweet potatoes. Try to steer clear of regular potatoes, at least during this phase when you're trying to strip fat. And always steer clear of white rice and white flour if possible. White sugar too. They are not your friends. In fact, other than the sweeteners stevia and xylitol you should really be cautious of ANY sweetener. I use some agave syrup, however, and sometimes I will eat molasses or honey. But almost none during this fat stripping phase.

Today's body parts were back and biceps, with a less emphasis on the forearms, which should have been worked to some extent when you did back and biceps. I am going to be sticking to the same number of sets and reps for a few weeks, so I'll stop writing the fine details and just say I did deadlifts, bent rows and pullovers for my back, dumbbell curls, concentration curls and hammer curls for my biceps, and a variety of exercises equalling 6 sets for forearms.

Today was also Sprint 8 day, and with all the fat I've lost I've lost some energy as well, so I re-set my incline down to 2.5% and ran a 9 mph, a 10, an 11, and the rest 12's.

Overall, a good day, but with all the water I drank and the hard work inflaming my muscles I can't expect to weigh tomorrow what I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment