Sunday, March 6, 2011

LONG WINTER

It seems to be true for most people this year, unless you talk to a skier: It has been a LONG winter. I have enjoyed the way the snow looks. It's beautiful when it's falling, beautiful when it lies like diamond-shot cotton on the spruce boughs and when it blankets the fields. It seems as if you could walk into it and scoop up enough diamonds to retire on, but as you walk they simply disappear.

Unfortunately, the winter itself is NOT disappearing. For me, a non-skier, although I'm very glad to have the snowpack built up, in hopes of having a decent water supply this summer, this winter has seemed endless.

I won't complain too loudly, however, because I'm not a fan of any day much over 80, either, unless I'm on the beach, which is almost . . . never. But I do love spring, and I am greatly looking forward to those warmer days, and the blooming of my flowers--at least it makes for good deer food, anyway. They usually get 50% or more of my tulips before I get to see a bloom!

My new book is almost finished, and I need to thank Old Man Winter for that. I have stayed in the house an awful lot in the last few months, and I have to admit I don't get much writing done when it's beautiful outside. So here is my nod to winter. Now go away whenever you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment